Thursday, July 17, 2008

What happens in Vegas...

Canterbury Wedding Chapel

Totally gets written about in my blog!!

Jon surprised me with a trip to the Hoover Dam and then a few nights in Vegas. Let's just say I deserved this trip after being the most amazing girlfriend all summer long as my man worked and worked to earn some money for school (and hopefully some shinny bling bling if you know what I mean?!) and I was so patient and not demanding.

This was the cute place we stayed the first night. And yes, Jon is rubbing the American flag on his arse. That's why I date him...

Of course Boulder City, NV (where the Hoover Dam is located) has it's own brewery with some great beer. The drinks were great, but the food was so so.
And last but not least, while we were in Boulder, we found a great Ma & Pa breakfast place were we both filled up on our hot morning coffee. The guys before us left some foods on the blinds... Jon was nice enough to point out to me that the food had probably been there from 3 years before. Now hopefully you understand what I mean by "Ma & Pa" restaurant.
This was our first view of the Hoover Dam.
Aren't we cute?
Did you know that the Hoover Dam was named after President Hoover because he was the man who signed for the building of the dam?
Those cylinder looking things move the water around to make energy. Don't ask me how that works, just trust me. That's what the information movie said.

It totally cost about $15 to park your car and another $40 for the tour... Jon and I drove up the hill a little further and parked for free. This is as close as we got to the dam, on the top of the hill (not counting driving over it in our car). That's not too bad if you ask me.

Then we finally made it to Vegas! We are standing outside the Luxor with MGM Grand behind us.

Jon and I standing inside the Luxor Hotel. This is where we met our friends from Lebanon.

Jon loosing his money.

Kim loosing Jon's money.

I must admit that I was the reason why we went to play the slots. Personally, I wouldn't even blame myself- I blame the movie 21. Ah, yeah, Jon and I had just finished watching it so I thought it would be a good idea for us to gamble. I thought we would win. Technically, I did win $14. It just took us $40 to get there... ;)

Of course we had to lay out. Too bad it started to rain right when we got there and stoped right after we packed up and left. Go figure, ay?

Since this is offically the logest blog ever, I am adding this picture as a shout out to Hallie and Stacey. I took this in honor of both of you!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Yay! Looks like it was lots of fun :)

BoyCo. said...

Totally was :)

Unknown said...

Yay, since you're the only person who comments on my blog, I figure I need to show you some looooove! Looks like a fun trip Kim!

amber dawn said...

Awe...what a sweet time! Sounds like you had a blast!
I have to tell you though, when we called Van to figure out where you guys went...
He said, "To Sin City...to try not to Sin!"
Ha ha!! Needless-to-say....Aaron called John RIGHT AWAY! he he he...
miss ya girl!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time, if you can, in "Sin City" and it was fun hanging out for dinner with you two!

So sorry about your little Bubba by the way :-( It's always hard when you loose a such a loyal friend.

xoxo!