Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fight For The Cure

Hello friends and family-

Many of you know the cross that I have to bear daily with type 1 diabetes. It is distressing to realize that one in every fourteen people is affected by diabetes or its nightmarish complications. It was so easy for me to think of 14 people in my life, but very difficult to face the face that you or any of my friends and family could suffer from heart disease, kidney failure- even amputation- as a result of diabetes.

Won't you please help me in my campaign for the American Diabetes Association? Campaigns like this are going on all over the country and are vital to the search for a cure and the programs that support our family’s, friends and neighbors living with diabetes.

If we could contribute just a little, together we can make an enormous impact- both in lives of the 21 million Americans with diabetes now and the additional 54 million who are at risk.

Will you please help today with your gift of $15, $20 or even $25? Hopefully you know me well enough to know that I wouldn’t ask for something I didn’t strongly believe in. Your gift would be a part of my healing process instantly as I get to see your support by you helping me carry this present burden.

Plus, there's an added reason to contribute now- Dignity Memorial, and National Strategic Partner of the Association, whose efforts help to raise awareness of healthy living and enhancing quality of life, has agreed to match every gift, dollar for dollar, up to a campaign total of $50,000!

That means your $15 donation can double to $30...your $25 gift becomes $50. Whatever you send today can be worth twice as much in the fight against diabetes.

Your gift will be put to use immediately funding research to find a cure and ease the suffering of the nearly 15 million children and adults in the U.S. who have been diagnosed with diabetes. Your gift will help detect diabetes among the over 6 million Americans who don't know they are affected- before it's too late. Your gift will work to change the future of 54 million of our fellow citizens with pre-diabetes.

So please write your check to the American Diabetes Association today and return it to me. I appreciate your generosity, support, prayers and faith to see this disease conquered.

Grace,
Kim Boiko
Diagnosed in 1989.


Send checks to:
Kim Boiko
1913 E. 17th Street
Suite 117
Santa Ana, CA 92705

No comments: