Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's almost over...

It's kind of weird to think that I'll be getting married about less than 65 days and also sad because I feel as if I planned my whole wedding in one month. Our location has been picked, we confirmed out reception details, the bridesmaids have their dresses, we're going to order tuxes this weekend, I’ve been in communication with some people about flowers, and just bought knickknacks this week: bubbles for our departing, flower baskets, unity candle, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I know there is a ton more to do, but all the "big" and "fun" part of planning my wedding seems to be over. Now we just have to run around and get things like our marriage certificate and Jonny's green card ;).

Again, to make sure everyone knows that I'm more excited to be married to Jon than my wedding day, I am. BUT, that's not to say that I haven't thought about my wedding day FOR EVER, because I have (I'm totally one of those girls even if I don't seem like it). I mean, I'm only doing this once, right? (and I don't say that as an ignorant Christian). I only get to plan my wedding one time and it's sad to think that it's almost over. I guess it will make more sense if you know that I love to plan events. This is just like the ultimate one!

Does this make sense to anyone? (All the girls reading this say "YES" and the guys are wondering what the heck I'm talking about).


On another note, I can't wait to walk down the aisle and see Jonny standing on the other side. You know, he's the first person I could ever see on the other side before? Yeah, I've tested some other people (in my mind), but none passed, not until Mr. Jon Parker!



So I know I'm not the only one who has ever had this fear, but I'm afraid I won't cry and then all of the sudden, that's going to suggest to everyone else that I don't really love Jonny. I know, the pressure us girls put on ourselves. Well I was listening to the song that I want to walk down the aisle to the other day and my eyes teared up. Ha, I hope it happens on May 29th!! :)

5 comments:

Louis said...

i didnt know you were friends with ben rohrs?

did you know about the new iPhone diabetes app

plus, congratulations on your engagement if i never told you so!

BoyCo. said...

yes i am. he's a great guy even though i haven't talked/seen him since biola. i heard your gunna be a daddy??? when's the baby due?

BoyCo. said...

ps crazy cell phones these days! i've never heard of the diabetes app. haha!

Louis said...

yes yes I am a daddy! we find out the sex in 2 weeks. baby is due sept. 1! i cant wait!

amber dawn said...

You are seriously hilarious, girl! Afraid you're not going to cry?!?! ha ha! You had me rollin' out loud on this post. Don't worry about a thing the day of...just enjoy it and soak it all in. :) The rest will take care of itself...tears and all.

I'm so bummed that I can't make it to your shower! I hope you have a wonderful time!! Heard what the Miller's got you two...Aaron's jealous! ha!

Can't wait to see you again! :) love, love!